MS SQL Machine Activation
Before you start backing up your MS SQL databases by FGS Backup, you will need to do the following preparations on the computer running the MS SQL Server:
- Open your MS SQL Server configuration Manager → Click MS SQL Server Network Configuration on the left panel → Click Protocols for MSSQLSERVER.
2. Double-click the Named Pipes protocol to open the Named Pipes Properties window → From Enabled, select Yes → Click OK.
3. Double-click the TCP/IP protocol to open the TCP/IP Properties window → On the Protocol tab, ensure Yes is selected for Enabled → Go to the IP addresses tab → Refer to the IPAll section → Make sure the TCP Dynamic Ports field is empty and TCP Port is 1433 → Click OK.
4. From Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio → Right-click on the server name → Click on Properties.
5. Click Connections on the left panel of the Server Properties window → Check the Allow remote access to MS SQL server option → Click OK.
6. Restart the Server.
7. Open the MS SQL Server configuration Manager → Click MS SQL Server Services on the left panel → Right-click MS SQL Server (MSSQLSERVER) → Restart.