you’ve probably observed both HTTP and HTTPS websites in the Internet. What is the difference between the two, and is it important in terms of SEO?
To know Difference HTTP and HTTPS, Visit our blog post Diffrence between HTTPS Vs HTTPS.
What Is HTTPS?
HTTPS is nothing but HTTP over TLS. HTTPS stands for Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure is the secure version of HTTP, the protocol over which data is sent between your browser and the website that you are connected to. The ‘S’ at the end of HTTPS stands for ‘Secure’. It means all communications between your browser and the website are encrypted.
Secure websites can protect a user’s connection by securing information in three layers:
- Encryption ensures that a user’s activity cannot be tracked or their information stolen.
- Data integrity prevents files from being corrupted as they’re transferred.
- And authentication protects against attacks and builds user trust.
In order to Implement an advanced secure connection for users, in 2014 Google announced as HTTPS as a Ranking Signal. A ranking signal is a parameter used to rank your site in search engines. Better rank implies better position in search.
SEO advantages Moving into HTTPS
switching to HTTPS will benefit you and the security of your website and also there are additional benefits as below mentioned.
- Increases your Search engine rankings.
- Referral Data.
- Security and Privacy
Are there any SEO Concerns when moving to HTTPS? yes, Implementing secure Switch incorrectly can cause a hug loss in traffic.
So, follow the below Google’s own recomdations are below
- Determine if you require a single, multi-domain, or wildcard certificate.
- Use 2048-bit key certificates to generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) on your webserver.
- Make sure to maintain a current SSL certificate
- Use relative URLs for resources that reside on the same secure domain
- Redirect to HTTPS pages by server-side 301 HTTP redirects (mod_rewrite is common).
- Update your robots.txt to allow your HTTPS pages to be crawled
- Check that your website returns the correct HTTP status code
- Get and configure the required TLS certificates on your .
- Avoid irrelevant redirects.
Fgrade Global Services can Help
If you want to Switch your website HTTP to HTTPS, you can contact Fgrade global services
Fgrade will provide all IT services like Digital marketing, website development, mobile application developement, web hosting, email hosting services, Security services and more at affordable prices. We provide 24*7 Support.
You Just call us at 040-40888039 to contact technical experts.