Key difference between http and https
If we click to check out at an online merchant and our browser address bar says https instead of http, it means our credit card information is safe. It is good news for owner. Now no one can steel our information. When someone uses https, the computer generated a ‘code’ between them. In this way their information became safe from hackers. view details of http vs https here.
The secure version of http is called https (Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure). It is a protocol over which data is sent between the website and browser which are connected to. The meaning of ‘S’ at the end of https is ‘Secure’. It protects our highly confidential online transaction such as online shopping order forms and online banking (better understand look into http vs https) On a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) or Transport Layer Security (TLS), they use the code to send the information the information forth and back.
http vs https
http vs https: A protocol which allows communication between different systems is known as Hyper Text Transfer Protocol (HTTP). The aim of this protocol is to transfer data from a web server to a browser to view web page.If there is no ‘s’ on the end of http, then it can be inter replaced by third parties to collect data being passed between the two system. So, to prevent this, a secure version (https) appeared. Where the ‘s’ stand for secure for the system.
Function of https
SSL (Secure Socket layer) or TLS (Transport Layer Security) are two pages of https and its pages use one of these two secure protocols to encrypt communications. Both of them are use as ‘asymmetric’ public key instruction (PKI) system. There are two ‘keys’ in this system, public key and private key. The private key should kept strictly and should only be reachable the owner of the private key. The private key remains securely but public key is calculated to be distributed to everybody that needs to be able to decrypt information which was encrypted with the private key.
Process for switching to https
- Need to purchase an SSL certificate and a dedicated IP address from the hosting company.
- After purchasing an SSL, install it and configure the SSL certificate.
- Perform a full back – up of site.
- Configure from http to https, if there is any hard internal link within website.
- Need to update code libraries like Java Script or any third-party plugins.
- Update CDN’s SSL settings if owner using content delivery network (CDN).
- On a page-by-page basis do implement 301 redirects.
- Need to update marketing automation tools, like email links and also update landing pages and paid search links.
- Set up https site in Google Search Consol.
Confidentiality, integrity and identity is the main benefit of the encryption of https. Because only users browser and the server can decrypt the traffic the information is confidential from prying eyes. So, for security reason it is very important to implement https.